1. Student-friendly, easy to understand text and a step-by-step approach to problems.
2. Introduction to basic mathematical notations and techniques, deductive, reduction and inductive proofs, etc.
3. Finite Automata Theory has been given adequate coverage with its types and conversions.
4. Exhaustive coverage of Context Free Grammars and Pushdown Automata and its construction.
5. Construction of Turing Machines and the programming techniques of Turing Machines are covered with the multiple track, subroutines, storage in finite control with suitable examples.
6. Includes coverage of Unsolvable problems, Undecidability along with Post correspondence problems and Class P, NP with examples.
7. Concepts of measuring and classifying complexity is rendered clear coverage with theorems.